Monday, January 19, 2009

UT01: The New One

I'm reviving the 332-60 blog: welcome to the surprise post!
Let it be known that "UT" stands for "Uncharted Territory;" this blog will go where it has never gone before - to the next semester. Dun dun duuuun.

Hokey, yes. Warranted, yes.

Last semester, now that all of the horses are in, went better than I thought it would. I wonder how all of you did? (Maybe you guys won't even be checking blogger.com anymore. Either way, this should at least help to keep the edge off - a place to vent frustrations, fears, and interests. At any rate...) Well, grades aside, another semester is about to begin. The question slamming around inside of my head is probably obvious: HOW BAD WILL IT BE???

How bad, indeed. I have one English course (contemporary literature, I believe) to fulfill a requirement that a previous class wound up not qualifying for, Urban Anthropology, Social Psychology, and Spanish I. The Spanish class has me a little terrified for a few reasons. 1) I suck at langauages that are not English. 2) Half of it is online and I have never done a distance learning class before. 3) Did I mention I suck at foreign languages???

Let's hope for a good semester.

The weeks of winter vacation went by very quickly for me, as well as uneventfully. I worked 50hr weeks pretty much the entire time, which wound up doing me absolutely no good at ALL. Our paychecks for that period take into effect a new tax increase, which completely trainwrecked my overtime pay - so it's the equivalent of getting my regular base pay, with no taxes taken out... Which isn't great, considering I would have had about five hundred extra dollars on top of that. Yes. Five hundred in taxes. Ugh.

Well - that should be all for now. I'll be back! I'll leave you with this in the meanwhile...

3 comments:

  1. Cool - you're back! Brightened up my day you did!

    I had a good semester last year also and got through my online winter class in Astronomy. It concluded my science requirement, gained me 4 credits in 3 weeks and baffled the bejesus out of me.

    I am in Contemporary Literature too this semester (the one with 11 books) - you too? I am also taking Critical Writing II and Film as a Medium in what will be my final three classes before graduation - woo hoo - I get to have a degree in English that progresses my career nowhere - take that college dropouts!!!

    Spanish - o, a, as, amos, ais, an - get used to this little ditty - you'll be hearing it in your sleep. If taking it online means you get to take tests with your book open then you'll be fine and dandy.

    Working in a bank has a bad rep and you seem to confirm this. You will be a teacher soon though - right?

    Glad to see you back - I will try to post also providing inspiration strikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your new semester.

    BTW, I love the color scheme of your site. The neon on dark green is my favorite. ;)

    ~Douglas

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to see that you and Terry are still posting. I do drop in every so often when I can to see what's new. Happy to see something, well, new. I haven't had any spare time to do any blogging myself, but perhaps that will change this summer. Hope you have a good semester. Good luck with Spanish!

    Scott

    ReplyDelete